GREENHOUSE GROUP / GROUPM PRIVACY STATEMENT
How and why we collect data and your choices.
Last updated, January 29, 2020
Who are we?
Greenhouse Group BV is part of GroupM. GroupM is a global media investment firm and serves as an umbrella organization for a group of companies including media planning and buying companies such as Mindshare, Mediacom, Wavemaker, Essence, Greenhouse Group and technology providers such as: [m]Platform, Xaxis and LemonPi. For more information about these technologies, please refer to the FAQ section of this statement, which contains links to their own privacy statements.
In the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, the GroupM legal entity responsible for the data that GroupM collects is GroupM UK Limited. Outside the EEA and Switzerland, the responsible legal entity is GroupM Worldwide, LLC.
This statement describes how and why GroupM (“GroupM”) collects and uses personal data from visitors to this website (“Website”). It also explains your rights as someone who may provide personal data to GroupM through the Websites and how you can exercise those rights. If you are an individual residing in the EEA or Switzerland, please note that our DPO can be contacted at DPO@GroupM.com.
What information is collected and used by GroupM?
We collect information that allows us to identify your browser and device and tell us which pages within our Website you visit and which pages you spend the most time on. We do this using the following:
- Cookie: is a small alphanumeric text file that is automatically assigned to visitors to our website. It is stored in your browser and allows us to identify you. Sometimes a cookie will only remain on your device for one time you visit our Website; this is called a session cookie. Sometimes a cookie remains on your device until you delete it or until it expires automatically; this is called a persistent cookie. Both types of cookies are used on our Website.
- IP address: means Internet Protocol address.
- Pixel: is a line of code located within our web pages that we use to record that you have visited a particular page within our website. We use some or all of the information to improve your website experience by delivering content you are likely to prefer on future visits. Our legal basis for this type of processing is that we have a legitimate interest in understanding and improving your experience on our Website.
Specific Cookie Types Used by GroupM
- Performance analytics tracking: This type of cookie provides aggregated information about where a user may go on the Website.
- Google Analytics (session): This cookie may appear as has_js. We do not store this data because it is deleted when you close your browser, and therefore we cannot share it with third parties.
- Social media/Social sharing: These are cookies that assist with the functionality of the Website. These are third-party cookies, and they allow you to share comments, pages, bookmarks and likes, and help you easily access social networking tools.
- Widgets: Social media widgets used on this Website include LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. These social media widgets collect information about your visit to the Website and your use of the social platform services (e.g. buttons or likes) on the Website. We do not share information with these social platforms, but please note that the social networks collect data from your site visit and interaction with the social widget directly.
Collection and Use of Contact Information
There are some cases where we may collect your name and contact details (such as email address, telephone number and postal address). However, we will not collect this information without permission and never use it for online advertising placement. Examples where you may voluntarily provide your name and contact information include responding to requests. We maintain a record of information, including email address and other contact information, solely for the purpose of responding to a user's request. For example:
– If you click on the “contact us” link and submit a question or comment, we will collect your name, email address and telephone number to send you a response.
– If you voluntarily request to be added to our newsletter list, we will collect your email address to send you our email newsletter.
By submitting your contact information as stated above, you consent to GroupM using that information to contact you regarding your request. This consent is our legal basis for using the information in this way.
If at any time you decide to withdraw your consent and want us to remove you from our marketing emails or newsletters, or unsubscribe from our database, you can contact us using the details at the end of this privacy notice are provided. You must include your name, email address and clear instructions regarding any changes you request. You can also unsubscribe from email newsletters by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
GroupM is a data controller responsible for your personal data (as this term or similar term is defined under applicable law) when you visit our Website or provide us with contact details.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows California residents to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with which they have an established business relationship shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request a list of companies, if any, to which GroupM has provided personal information for its own marketing purposes, please email us at DPO@groupm.com. Please allow 30 days for response.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does GroupM share information with other suppliers or partners?
We may provide access to the information we collect to our suppliers and contractors (also called third parties) who perform services on our behalf to enable the use of your information as described above. These suppliers may not use this information for other purposes. As mentioned above, the Website uses social media widgets, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn, to allow users to easily share information about their visits with “likes” or “shares”. Always review the privacy policies of social media sites, as their data collection practices are separate from GroupM's practices. In addition, we must disclose information when we believe we are legally required to do so, or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding prohibited activities, such as incidents of hacking, abuse or other prohibited activities.
Does GroupM move your personal data outside the European Union?
If you provide us with personal information, we may transfer that personal information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world to enable us to perform those use personal data as described above. Our standard practice is to use European Union Model Clauses for the transfer of data from the EEA & Switzerland to other non-EEA countries.
Use of this site by children & data from children
We are sensitive to the privacy of children. Our Website is not designed for or directed at children under the age of 13. We specifically request that children do not provide information about themselves through our Website. If you believe your child has provided this type of information and would like it removed from our database, please contact us at DPO@groupm.com. If we become aware that we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, we will delete it.
Data retention and storage
We retain the information we collect on the Website for a reasonable period of time for the purposes set out above. We follow generally accepted online advertising industry standards to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, up-to-date, and retained only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is used. These standards include performing necessary physical, electronic, and managerial activities required to protect the integrity, access, and use of data.
Linking to other websites / Third party websites
Transfer of data upon change of control
In the event that another company acquires us, or all or substantially all of the assets of our business, through a consolidation, merger, asset purchase or other transaction, we reserve the right to remove all information (including any information you may have provided via the “contact us” page) that is in our possession or under our control, to the acquiring party, and that information may be used by the acquiring party in its business operations.
Rights of data subjects in the EEA and Switzerland
You have the right to access, update, amend, delete, restrict the use of or obtain a copy of your personal data in an easily readable format. In certain circumstances, you can also request that GroupM transfer your personal data to a third party and the right to object to its use for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our DPO at DPO@GroupM.com.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting our DPO at DPO@GroupM.com. Please note that your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data before the withdrawal of consent.
GroupM Technology Companies & Privacy Statement Links
- [m]Platform: https://www.groupm.com/mplatform-privacy-policy
- Xaxis: https://www.xaxis.com/privacy-policy/
- LemonPi: https://www.lemonpi.io/privacy-policy/
Changes to this privacy statement
Please note that due to the changing nature of privacy laws and regulations, digital technologies and our business, we may change this privacy statement from time to time. Please review this privacy statement periodically to stay informed of any changes that may have occurred (we will update the effective date at the top of the page to help you know when changes have been made).
If you have any complaints or would like to contact us:
Depending on where you are located, please use the details below and we will do our best to address any complaints or concerns you may have about how we collect and process your personal data.
If for any reason you believe that we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you may contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority in your jurisdiction and make a formal complaint.
GroupM UK Limited
GroupM, 40 The Strand, London WC2N 5RW – Attn: Data Protection Officer
Outside of Europe:
GroupM Worldwide LLC
GroupM, 498, 7th Avenue, New York, NY, 10018, USA – Attn: Privacy Director